Congratulations to prof. Hana Cervinkova and dr. Juliet Golden, to whom The Forum on Education Abroad awarded its 2016 Award for Excellence in Education Abroad Curriculum Design for their course “Negotiating Identities Across Europe’s Borders,” offered as part of the Culture and Politics of Reconciliation in Central Europe program, organized jointly by the International Institute for the Study of Culture and Education at ULS and Syracuse University.
A working group of The Forum’s Curriculum Committee selected the course from a strong pool of submissions made to the Curriculum Toolbox. It was determined that the curriculum aligns with The Forum’s Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad by:
- Providing an academically rigorous program of study;
- Enriching the classroom experience through the use of the location and/or its unique resources;
- Establishing learning objectives tied to the mission statement of the home institution(s) and/or department(s);
- Expanding and enhancing students’ home institution curricula;
- Setting a precedent for exceptional approaches to fostering student learning.
For more, see the original award announcement here.