Find us on Facebook - show/hide

ULS - a place for You

Step By Step Recruitment

If you are interested in taking up studies at our University, please bear in mind that the recruitment for the chosen field of study consists of two main steps:

Step 1 – Enrolling At The Internet Candidate Recruitment Service (IRK, Internetowa Rejestracja Kandydatów)


Please register at our site and create an account at the Internet Candidate Recruitment Service, type in your PESEL number (if you don’t have a PESEL number - our system will generate one for you) and please secure the account with a password. The password should be memorised or otherwise recorded, as only the owner of the account should enter it.

After login in, please enter the required personal information and then select your chosen field of study and speciality of the first, second or third-cycle of studies.

After that, please confirm your choice by clicking the corresponding button. At this stage, until you make a final decision regarding the field of study and speciality, you can enter the changes yourself.

Step 2 – Submitting Application Documents


After printing out the Application Form and the Agreement (filled in at the Internet Candidate Recruitment Service) in two copies, please sign them both and submit them, personally or by post, along with all other required documents (see below) to us. 

Required Documents:

Bachelor’s degree programs:

  • high school-leaving examination certificate/secondary school certificate/high school diploma (original document/documents with all supplements)
  • transcript of records/testimonial 
  • sworn translation of your educational documents into Polish
  • 1 digital photo and 1 traditional photo*
  • copy of your valid passport and national ID (both front and back pages of the document)
  • English language certificates
  • medical certificate confirming the lack of contraindications to undertake studies in the requested field in the year of application (2017)
  • additional documents in accordance with the regulations regarding foreign educational diplomas nostrification

Master’s degree programs:

  • high school-leaving examination certificate
  • sworn translation of high school-leaving examination certificate into Polish
  • Bachelor’s degree diploma
  • sworn translation of Bachelor's diploma into Polish
  • a digital photo and 1 traditional photo *
  • copy of your valid passport and national ID (both front and back pages of the document)

PhD studies:

  • Master’s degree diploma
  • Bachelor’s degree diploma
  • 2 photos 30 x 42 mm *
  • copy of your passport or national ID (both front and back pages of the document)

* Requirements

Digital picture - colour photo, bare-headed with the face evenly illuminated (similar to the picture required for ID, dowód osobisty), saved as a jpg, 400 x 500 pixels (the pictures can be added at the IRK service or submitted on a CD-rom); 

Regular paper picture - 1 photo 30 x 42 mm, signed at the back with your first and middle name and your surname, identical to the one submitted electronically, should be submitted with the required documents to the Recruitment Centre of University of Lower Silesia.

University of Lower Silesia will acknowledge receipt of all applications and will inform our candidates of the outcome of the admission procedure by email. 

Entry Requirements

To gain entry to ULS courses you need to meet our academic entry requirements, English language requirements, Polish language requirements and legalize your degree. 

Academic Entry Requirements

Required documents

First Level/ 
Undergraduate/  Bachelor

Second Level/
Postgraduate/ Master

Confirmation of registration fee payment



Secondary School Certificate



Bachelor Degree Certificate



Secondary School Transcript of Records



Bachelor Degree Transcript



Proof of English Proficiency

Necessary for studies in English

Necessary for studies in English

Proof of Polish Proficiency

Necessary for studies in Polish

Necessary for studies in Polish

Medical Certificate



Passport Copy



4 Photos




List of documents confirming English language proficiency


Degree Legalization

On October 5, 1961 the several nations joined together to create the simplified method of legalizing documents through the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents. If your country accepts the Apostille (also called Apostille Certificate or Certificate) as a form of international document legalization, your educational documents must all be certified by Designated Competent Authorities. On the bases of this certification you will get an Apostille stamp affixed by the Polish Consulate in your country. 

Documents from countries that have not signed the Convention must have legalisation. Legalisation can be obtained from a Polish diplomatic outpost (Polish Embassy or consulate) in the country where the document was issued.

Nostrification / Recognition

According to the Regulation of the Minister of Education and Science on the Nostrification of School Certificates and Maturity Certificates Obtained Abroad (April 6, 2006) any school certificate obtained abroad must be legalized in the country in which it was issued and then presented to the local educational authority (Kuratorium Oświaty) in Poland in order to be nostrified/recognised. Your documents must contain a clause confirming that their holders have access to higher education institutions in their own country. Without it the local educational authority may reject your documents. If this happens you will have to discontinue your study. Nostrification of the same certificate obtained abroad can be performed only once. The nostrification certificate keeps its validity only together with the original certificate obtained abroad or its duplicate.


Please note that all international students in Poland have to have a valid medical insurance covering the whole period of their studies - it is one of the necessary requirements.

Healthcare in Poland is available to students from the EU/EEA countries, provided that they hold a valid medical insurance in the national insurance system of their country. Students from non-EU/EEA countries have to purchase their own international medical insurance prior to their arrival in Poland. Please note that all international students in Poland have to have a valid medical insurance covering the whole period of their studies. 


Visa Requirements

Coming to Poland you might need a visa, a residence permit, "Karta Polaka" or other document legalizing your stay on the territory of Poland. Detailed information about coming to the Republic of Poland can be found here. The list of Polish Diplomatic Missions Abroad can be found at:           



Candidates from:

Czech Republic:
Ukraine:                                                                                  International candidates (degree programmes in English):                                                                                                   M.A. Programme Big data, Digital Marketing and Trendwatching: